Thankfulness and worry cannot simultaneously coexist. Thankfulness displaces worry, discouragement, and anxiety. We can be caught in the throes of despair but our soul suddenly begins to lighten when our focus and energy turns to Thanksgiving! It truly is an amazing phenomenon how hope pervades the spirit once our mind remembers all our many blessings!
So count them, each and every day … count the extraordinary and the ordinary… you will be surprised how your soul sprouts wings and soars. There is no complicated formula nor specific phrases to be chanted. It’s simplistic in nature but takes focus and perseverance to remain in a perspective of thankfulness. Make it a habit to practice thankfulness.
“,,, continue to live in Him, rooted and built up in Him, strengthened in the faith as you were taught, overflowing with thankfulness.” Colossians 2:6-7
Tools to Incorporate this Season:
· Read One Thousand Gifts by Ann Voskamp
· Keep a Thankful Journal by your side
· As family and friends meet this holiday season, may your table be an opportunity for each to share the blessings of the year. Watch out: it can be contagious!
· Wake each morning and name three things your thankful for before your feet hit the ground.
· Volunteer; the experience of volunteering can remind you of all the gifts you have been given.